Clinical Commissioning Groups
There will be six Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. These are:
- Nottingham City GP Commissioning Consortium (for the City of Nottingham) http://www.nottinghamcity.nhs.uk/-about-us-/clinical-commissioning-group.html
- Highpoint Health (covering Ashfield and Mansfield) www.mansfieldandashfieldccg.nhs.uk
- Newark and Sherwood Health http://www.newarkandsherwood.nhs.uk/
- Nottingham North and East Consortium (covering Gedling and Hucknall) http://www.nottinghamnortheastccg.nhs.uk
- Nottingham West Consortium (covering Broxtowe) http://www.nottinghamwestccg.nhs.uk
- Principia (covering Rushcliffe) http://www.rushcliffeccg.nhs.uk/
The CCGs will cover all GP practices in that area, and there will be a governing Board who will be responsible for making decisions about healthcare in the area. The Board will include GPs, nurses, hospital doctors, other healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists and patient representatives.
To find out more about your local CCG please click on the appropriate area.
There is a Health and Wellbeing Board, at Nottinghamshire County Council and if you want to find out more please visit www.nottinghamshirecountycouncil.co.uk