Nottinghamshire Area Prescribing Committee
Click logo for Notts Joint Formulary
The purpose of the NAPC is to provide the strategy to ensure consistent high quality and cost effective use of medicines across the Nottinghamshire Health Community.
The Nottinghamshire Area Prescribing Committee (NAPC) is an advisory committee to NHS Nottinghamshire County, NHS Nottingham City, NHS Bassetlaw, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Sherwood
Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust and other providers commissioned to provide NHS services by any of these organisations.
Click on the traffic light database link to access medicines traffic light classification list.
- Shared Care Protocols
- Clinical Guidelines
- APC Meeting Minutes
- Annual Reports
- Policies and Prescribing Position Statements
- Patient Information
- APC Processes
The core NAPC functions are:-
- Classification of medicines under the traffic light list.
- Assessment of clinical & cost effectiveness (including affordability) of medicines.
- Development & maintenance of a joint formulary.
- Development and approval of shared care guidelines.
- Development and approval of prescribing guidelines.
The NAPC is committed to improving engagement with its stakeholders and clinicians.
Please click here if you would like to be consulted as a stakeholder when NAPC undertakes a consultation process for documents.