- 5-17% of hospital admissions are due to medication problems
- Up to 50% of all medicines are not taken as prescribed
- An estimated £100 million is wasted in the united kingdom each year
The PCT promotes the use of practical measures to help patients get the best out of their medicines. These are known as medicines management services.
- Improving systems to allow efficient access to repeat medicines
- Giving practical advice to both patients and healthcare professionals on the best medicines to treat a range of medical conditions
- Medicines reviews to explore how effective and acceptable medicine regimes are for patients
- Improved access to information on medicines in a range of different languages and formats.
If you have any questions about your medicines, seek advice from your local pharmacist or doctor.
A well stocked medicine cabinet will help you with many common illnesses and cuts and bruises.
From spains to stomach upsets, your local pharmacist is qualified to give expert advice without an appointment.
Call 24 hours a day on 0845 4647 for free expert health advice and reassurance.
Visit NHS Direct Online at www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk for you and your family.
See an experienced nurse for treatment of minor injuries and illnesses, seven days a week, early until late.
For jabs, prescriptions, medical advice and care, call for an appointment with your GP or practice nurse.
Call 999 or visit A & E for emergencies such as loss of consciousness, severe chest pain, serious accidents or loss of blood