The main types of prostate problems are inflammation of the prostate and prostate cancer. They can each be associated with similar symptoms. These include:
- Needing to urinate more often, especially at night
- Needing to rush to the toilet – you may occasionally leak urine before you get there
- Difficulty starting to pass urine
- Straining or taking a long time to finish urinating
- A weak flow
- A feeling that your bladder has not emptied properly
- Pain when passing urine
- Pain when ejaculating
- Pain in the testicles
If the cancer is caught at its earliest stages, most men will not experience any symptoms.
If you have any of these symptoms, you should visit your GP to find out what is causing the problem.